I figured I should just include the dev blog on the main blog instead of a separate one. Much like how video game companies might do the same thing.
- I made a child WordPress theme that takes the attributes from my parent WordPress theme. That way if something goes haywire I can roll back to the original one.
- I rearranged the content to how I want it in the final draft of the website. I moved the work on one page, blog on another page, and maybe one more page.
- I figured out the color scheme I want, the fonts, and particular style for the bare-bones redo.
- From there I could prototype the design part of the website and complete the new portfolio website.
- I’m not sure if I like the block editor on WordPress. But I did make an Archive page for my blog, so I needed to return to the new block editor to do so.
- I cleaned up the gallery, since I realized I had extra photos I didn’t need.
To do list:
- I need to figure out the responsive menu so it doesn’t disappear on smaller screens.
- Design the layout in a prototyping program
- Implement the design in the layout and then done!